The HVAC Technician is responsible for providing timely and quality repairs of Heat Pumps, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Gas and Oil Furnaces & Boilers while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- Performs timely and quality repairs in resolving customer complaints
- Diagnoses and repairs HVAC equipment in the customer’s home and gives the customer an accurate estimate of the cost of repair if applicable
- Uses basic tools or instruments to assemble, adjust, calibrate, repair or test various products regarding HVAC
- Works as a dedicated team member to ensure fast, flexible and expert service to every customer
- Maintains high level of customer satisfaction through efficient and timely customer resolution
- Maintains truck stock inventory and ensures maintenance schedules are within the Company guidelines (i.e., wash truck weekly, oil changes), and ensures tools and equipment are in safe operating condition
- Removes any equipment necessary for the installation of new HVAC product and material according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Cleans up work areas, including any areas that were utilized for the installation process
- Performs other duties as assigned
James River Air Conditioning – When Comfort Matters!
Hugh E. Joyce founded James River Heating Air Conditioning Company in 1967. The company, initially called Joyce Air, began as a one-man operation, with the owner selling, installing, and managing the entire operation. During the early 1970’s, the company continued to grow and become more diversified, and in the mid-1970’s the Company name was changed to James River Air Conditioning.
The 1970’s were a turning point for the company, as it began to develop a strong service business. As the Company grew, Mr. Joyce realized that people were the key to growth and success. They were the most valuable assets a good mechanical firm could have. In order to maintain the best personnel, promote high professional standards, and increase productivity, Mr. Joyce established a caring atmosphere that still exists today.
Throughout the 1980’s, the Company continued to grow, offering services and products through three major groups: Residential, Commercial, and Design/Build. During the 1990’s, Hugh E. Joyce passed the torch to his son, Hugh A. Joyce. “Hugh, Jr.” launched the company toward the twenty-first century with plans for growth and expansion. Using the solid foundation already established and the latest products and technology, the company continued to grow rapidly.
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Formal Ongoing Training Program
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Uniforms Provided
- Vision Insurance