Be a part of a team that provides world-class service with all the warmth, spirit and conviction of a locally owned and operated business! Whether you have years of experience or just graduating, we offer a range of opportunities for you to be successful.
At James River Air Conditioning, Every member of our team is important! Working as a team, our associates strive to surpass our customers’ expectations. Our success depends on delighting our customers and James River Air Conditioning associates stop at nothing to make this happen.
By combining the energy, knowledge, and skills of a top notch team, James River Air Conditioning continues to be the market leader providing superior service. This success can be directly attributed to the dedication, hard work, and professionalism of our associates.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package above the marketplace average to build or continue your career…Come join us today!
As a Sheet Metal Mechanic, you will be responsible for the installation of commercial air conditioning/heating systems. In addition, assist with the installation of duct work. The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for the mechanical trades and will be experienced with the use of hand and power tools, able to utilize appropriate math skills, able to read/use blueprints, and able to follow established safety rules and regulations to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Measures, cuts, bends, and forms metal components to their precise shapes and fastens them into a finished product
- Utilizes tape measures, shears, saws, drills, and punches to cut metal parts without mechanical aids
- Inspects and fabricates parts together using, nuts, bolts, rivets, screws, and clips
- Transports, joins, and fastens parts to walls, floors, or ceilings using metal hangers
- Utilizes hammers, punches, drills, and shears to make custom-fitted parts, either by altering shop made parts or creating custom-fit parts on site
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Three years of experience in commercial sheet metal/light construction work
- Safety and customer service oriented
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities
- Able to work irregular and extended hours
- Ability to pass background screen, drug screen, and clean MVR
Great Benefits Package Including:
- Competitive wages
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Life and accidental death insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability insurance
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And much more!