James River Air Conditioning, Richmond, VA
Be a part of a team that provides world-class service with all the warmth, spirit and conviction of a locally owned and operated business! Whether you have years of experience or just graduating, we offer a range of opportunities for you to be successful.
At James River Air Conditioning, Every member of our team is important! Working as a team, our associates strive to surpass our customers’ expectations. Our success depends on delighting our customers and James River Air Conditioning associates stop at nothing to make this happen.
By combining the energy, knowledge, and skills of a top notch team, James River Air Conditioning continues to be the market leader providing superior service. This success can be directly attributed to the dedication, hard work, and professionalism of our associates. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package above the marketplace average to create or continue your career.
Come join us today!
James River Air Conditioning is seeking HVAC Helpers to join our Residential and Commercial teams.
What you’ll do
- Candidates will assist with installation, replacement and retrofiting of HVAC equipment, sheet metal products and duct work for residential and commercial projects.
- Assist with any tasks needed to complete the project.
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge of HVAC industry or willingness to learn.
- Completion of (or currently completing) HVAC trade school (not required, but a plus).
- EPA certification, or willingness to obtain within 1 year.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations.
- Knowledge of basic construction/shop math.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Maintain a positive attitude and willing to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal diplomatically with co-workers
- Ability to work with direct supervision and show initiative and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Ability to work easily and skillfully with hands.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, overtime, and weekends (as necessary).
What we’ll offer you
- Competitive wages.
- Company uniforms.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Life and accidental death insurance.
- Short and Long-Term disability insurance.
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development.
The qualified candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent, excellent communication skills, and basic diagnostic skills. Also required is the ability to perform equipment service and maintenance and to follow controls/wiring diagrams and schematics. Customer satisfaction is a priority and technicians must be willing to work overtime, night, and weekend hours as needed.
All employees must be able to pass our background check, drug-screen, and MVR driving record check.
We offer total compensation packages that enable our associates to lead prosperous lives at work and at home. We offer innovative benefits designed for individuals and families that are focused on health and wellness, financial security and work-life balance.
Equal Employment Opportunity In order to provide employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at JRAC will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law