James River Air Conditioning, Richmond, VA
Be a part of a team that provides world-class service with all the warmth, spirit and conviction of a locally owned and operated business! Whether you have years of experience or just graduating, we offer a range of opportunities for you to be successful.
At James River Air Conditioning, Every member of our team is important! Working as a team, our associates strive to surpass our customers’ expectations. Our success depends on delighting our customers and James River Air Conditioning associates stop at nothing to make this happen.
By combining the energy, knowledge, and skills of a top notch team, James River Air Conditioning continues to be the market leader providing superior service. This success can be directly attributed to the dedication, hard work, and professionalism of our associates.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package above the marketplace average to build or continue your career.
Come join us today!
As a member of our team, you will apply your technical skills and knowledge to install, start up, and basic troubleshooting new and replacement systems used in our residential department. The HVAC Installer must be able to install all makes and models of new and replacement HVAC systems to code. He/She must be able to diagnose, troubleshoot, and explain all problems/options to the client and follow through from diagnosis to repair/installation completion. In addition, the HVAC Installer needs to be a team player willing to share knowledge with junior team members and must be willing to continually expand knowledge and skills to provide the best customer service.
The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license a clean MVR (motor vehicle record).
- Replaces any heating, air conditioning, or refrigeration equipment/systems
- Installs new HVAC duct systems for residential locations
- Tests electrical circuits and components for continuity using electrical test equipment
- Tests pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks using a pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution
- Joins pipes or tubing to the equipment and to the fuel, water, or refrigerant source in order to form a complete circuit
- Designs and connects electrical wiring between the controls and equipment according to the wiring diagram
- Obtains and maintains required certifications
- Attends ongoing training and educational sessions to enhance knowledge base
- Installs, connects, and adjusts thermostats, humidistats, and timers using hand tools
- Complies with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area
- Inspects and tests systems to verify compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions
- Works irregular and extended hours, including overtime during our busy season
- Prepares reports for individual installation jobs, which includes reports on start-up, customer specifications, and invoicing
- Establishes rapport with customers through active listening
- Trains customers to understand their new HVAC systems
- Assists with on the job training for junior technicians
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 2-3 years of HVAC installation experience
- Safety and customer service oriented
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Organized and detail oriented Strong multi-tasking capabilities
All employees must be able to pass our background check, drug-screen, and MVR driving record check. We offer total compensation packages that enable our associates to lead prosperous lives at work and at home.
We offer innovative benefits designed for individuals and families that are focused on health and wellness, financial security and work-life balance.
Equal Employment Opportunity In order to provide employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at JRAC will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law