With totals of 4 to 6 inches of snow and some localities receiving more, it is important as homeowners to take care of your HVAC system. Without the proper care and maintenance, winter storms can damage your HVAC system. To help be prepared for the current winter storm, we have tips on HVAC protection to keep you and your home safe and comfortable. Because YOUR comfort matters!
6 Tips to Protect your HVAC System
- Check your air filter to make sure your heating unit is in good operating condition.
- If you have a furnace, make sure you know where your flue location is and that it is clear of snow. High-efficiency furnaces use PVC exhaust piping which must be kept clear of snow.
- Do not let snow or ice build-up on your unit. Keep your HVAC unit clear with a soft broom. Never use any type of steel pick or pick to chisel ice off unit.
- An efficient way to get ice off your fan blades is using hot water.
- Check your exterior vents – snow or ice buildup can block your exterior heating vents and can be damaging.
- Schedule annual preventive maintenance to ensure your HVAC system is ready to keep you and your home warm and comfortable!
With professional service and expert care from our team of licensed technicians here at James River Air, we stand ready to take care of your HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Appliance needs. Give us a call if you have any other questions or would like to set up a service call today. 1-800-COMFORT.