Here’s an update on the mail server upgrade:
- The new server is up and running.
- You WILL need to delete and re-add your account to your iPhone / iPad – see instructions below!
- Office users: I’ve got most of you up and running, but for about 20 of you I’ll need to get with you Monday morning to get access to your computers. This is a quick process.
- Old Mail, Calendar, Contacts: Again none of these items are lost, we just have to transfer them from the old server to the new. We are still working on this part and will continue through the weekend.
Thanks for your patience today! If you have any problems please feel free to text me at 804-337-1634 and I’ll respond back as soon as I am able.
- Delete the account from your phone.
- Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and click on your mail account (it’ll be called “JRAC” or “Exchange”).
- Click on “Delete Account” at the bottom.
- It’ll prompt you to confirm you want to remove it – click “Delete from My iPhone”.
- If you see an iCloud account there, don’t worry about it, leave it.
- Re-Add the account to your phone.
- Go back to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- If you see a list of your accounts, click on “Add Account”. Otherwise continue to Step C.
- You’ll have a list of types of accounts you can add (iCloud, Exchange, Google, etc.). Click on Exchange.
- It will ask for your E-mail, Password, and a Description
- Although we can get mail at either @jamesriverac.com or @jamesriverair.com, here please enter it as @jamesriverac.com
- Password – if you are an office employee, you know this – it’s what you use to log in to your computer. If you are a technician, I texted it to you on Thursday
- Description – You can leave this at the default (Exchange).
- Click Next.
- You may be asked to fill in the following additional fields:
- Server – This will be jrmail.jamesriverac.com
- Domain – This will be jamesriverac
- Username – This will be the first part of your e-mail address, before @jamesriverac.com – so mine would be tazh