Commercial Install Plumber (Full Time)
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package above the marketplace average to build or continue your career…Come join us today!
This position requires an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with excellent communication and organizational skills. Because the duties and responsibilities of this position are in multiple areas, a broad base of knowledge is required, as well as a willingness to operate in multiple roles as situations dictate.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Safe use, care, and maintenance of tools & equipment
- Physically capable & able to follow directions
- Working to or currently obtain CFC certification
- Pipe joints – soldered, brazed
- Pipe & fittings (CPVC, PVC, galvanized, steel, and copper)
- Proper hangers, hanging techniques, fitting selections
- Floor drains, clean outs, and roof drains
- Venting systems
- Potable, non-potable, individual water supply maintenance and installation
- Sizing of water piping
- Installation of mechanical piping systems (including but not limited to WSHP, chiller systems, boiler systems, etc.)
- Installation of gas piping, vacuum piping, steam piping, and refrigerant piping
- Repairing and replacement of piping systems and fixtures
- Able to fabricate and complete installations using various materials and methods (nuts, bolts, screws, hanging, soldering, braising, etc.)
- Commercial toilets, sinks, touchless fixtures, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
Driven to achieve long and short-term goals within specific deadlines.
- Minimum 5 years field experience
- Clean driving record
- Safety certification
- CFC certification
- Trade school
- Journeyman’s card preferred
- Master’s card preferred
- Medical gas certified installation/brazing preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Able to work irregular and extended hours
- All successful candidates must be able to pass the required background check and drug-screen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds, and on rare occasions, move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! If you are looking for an opportunity for growth and advancement, James River Air is the place for you! Think you have what it takes to showcase your talent in this industry? Apply today!