Commercial Installation Helper (Full Time)
As a member of our team, you are responsible for performing key functions in servicing our clients and supporting the JRAC team. This includes, but is not limited to: helping with new installations, retrofits, etc. The goal of this position is to ensure that our key stakeholders (Clients and JRAC team members) are properly supported.
- Safe use, care, and maintenance of tools & equipment
- Physically capable & able to follow directions
- Sheet metal drawing, preparation, and installation
- Able to fabricate and complete HVAC installations using various materials and methods (nuts, bolts, screws, hanging, soldering, braising, etc)
- Assist mechanics in HVAC Rooftop system installations 5-100 tons
- Assist mechanics in Split system installations
- Assist mechanics in Ductless and VRF system installations
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Working to or currently obtain CFC certification
- Driven to achieve long and short-term goals within specific deadlines.
- Dependable with a strong desire to learn
- Basic construction knowledge/mechanical aptitude
- Ready and willing to take instruction from lead Mechanic in all phases of HVC system install, ducts, and equipment. We will teach you the trade!
- Safely work from ladders – not afraid of heights
- Knowledge of basic hand tools – hammer, tape measure, screwdriver, etc.
- All successful candidates must be able to pass the required background check and drug-screen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds, and on rare occasions, move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! If you are looking for an opportunity for growth and advancement, James River Air is the place for you! Think you have what it takes to showcase your talent in the in this industry? Apply today!