Commercial HVAC Apprentice
As a member of our team, you are responsible for performing key functions in workorder processing, invoicing, and client support as part of a commercial client service team. The goal of this position is to ensure that our systems and processes in these areas are providing the best tools and information to management, other employees, and our clients.
This position requires an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with excellent communication and organizational skills. Because the duties and responsibilities of this position are in multiple areas, a broad base of knowledge is required, as well as a willingness to operate in multiple roles as situations dictate.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in material distribution
- Assist mechanics installing duct systems and equipment
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment and attend safety meetings
- Operate equipment and tools needed for the install of sheet metal duct systems
- Follow construction plans and instructions to work with Mechanic daily to learn sheet metal duct systems as a trade/career.
- Other duties as assigned
- Driven to achieve long and short-term goals within specific deadlines.
- Dependable with a strong desire to learn
- Basic construction knowledge/mechanical aptitude
- Ready and willing to take instruction from lead Mechanic in all phases of system install, ducts, and equipment. We will teach you the trade!
- Heavy lifting – 25 to 100 pounds
- Safely work from ladders – not afraid of heights
- Knowledge of basic hand tools – hammer, tape measure, screwdriver, etc.
- Great attitude
- All successful candidates must be able to pass the required background check and drug-screen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and on rare occasions, move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by!!! If you are looking for an opportunity for growth and advancement, James River Air is the place for you! Think you have what it takes to showcase your talent in the in this industry? Apply today