Cold weather is here again, so it’s time again for us to give you a few tips on keeping your home safe and warm.
- In extreme conditions, leave your faucet dripping to guard against frozen pipes.
- Keep cabinet doors open in extreme cold so that warm air can circulate to the pipes.
- Turn the light on in the crawl space.
- Put a cover over any outdoor water spigots.
- Make sure your filter is clean.
- Don’t turn the thermostat up because it’s colder outside; leave it at the same temperature you normally have it set on.
- Get your unit(s) checked a minimum of once per year for proper, safe operation.
- Make sure your unit is clear of snow and ice. Never try to remove ice from your unit with sharp objects or tools of any kind!
Need more tips? Give us a call at (804) 358-9333 or send us an e-mail through our Contact Form!